Saturday 11 October 2014

And that's one year down!

Yep, the cats and I just celebrated our Londonversary!  We made it! We survived!  There were days at the beginning where I didn't think I could but here I am. Still!!

Here are 10 things I have learnt:

1.

Cooking is rarely worth it in London. There are so many restaurants that deliver. The grocery stores all sell healthy options for lunch and dinner. Why waste your time?!
You are never too far from a chippy

2.

A night out with friends is never predictable! Some nights you end up singing along with the owner of a restaurant while eating delicious Italian. Sometimes, you end up watching your friends slingshot toys into a tree. Others end up with wonderful conversation under a bridge with beer. The special nights end with Turkish food!
As long as everyone is laughing, its always a good time!

3.


Where you live makes all the difference. Seriously. I wanted to die living in our crappy flat. Now that we are free of slugs and damp mold, I love living here. It became even better once we got furniture too!
I will never get tired of this view!


4.


Bringing the cats was the best decision Shea ever made (or agreed to). I would not have lasted the first 5 months if they were not there.  It is easy for me to buy a ticket home but a bit more work to arrange flights for cats.
Evea loves having a staircase again.

Sam still loves couch.


5.


It is hard to make friends with British people. They seem to think you are going to mug them if you start chatting. Especially on the Tube.

6.


Most Middle Eastern men are pigs. Street harassment is a serious issue here.


7.


Crowds are overwhelming.  I never knew what a crowd was until I moved here.  There are just so many people. All the time! No matter where you go!



8.


It's easier to order things online.  I order clothes, food, cat stuff, power tools, furniture, small appliances... all online. You want to know why? See number 7.



9.


UK TV has its ups and downs.  Upside: I get all the new shows on AMC, HBO... on regular cable. No need to pay for an extra channel.  That means I am all caught up on my Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. Plus, PVR is standard so you can always record and watch later. Downside: They love their 80's and 90's shows. This would include (and is not limited to) Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, Dallas, Jag, Knots Landing... The list seriously goes on!


10.


Home will always be home, no matter what.  Home is still where my family is and where I grew up. Home is where Shea and I first met, got married, and adopted the fur-babies. Home is still Canada.
They're crazy, but that's my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment